Graphic Designer/Web Developer
About Classic Elite Yarns
Classic Elite Yarns is wholesale distributor based in Massachusetts. CEY prides itself on distributing the best hand knitting yarns, patterns, and other knitting-related items to local yarn shops across the US and Canada. Along with exemplary customer service, CEY's in-house staff manages all pattern design and development, technical editing, graphic design and much of the designing for its collections. Besides its own branded merchandise, CEY is the proud distributor of several other yarn lines based around the world.
From its beginnings as a spinning mill, CEY has always been dedicated to providing top quality products for people who love to make and create. CEY sells inspiration: patterns and yarns that beg to be used for making beautiful garments and accessories by fiber artists who care deeply about their craft.
Classic Elite Yarns is looking to hire a graphic designer who will also provide website support and maintenance. This person will be responsible for graphically presenting CEY to the world, one pattern, advertisement and web page at a time.
Through collaboration with all staff, the candidate will strategize, brainstorm, write and execute sales materials at the retail and consumer levels. Working with Adobe Creative Suite, this person will develop materials (photography, patterns, and copy) into production-quality content (pattern books, marketing materials, newsletters, etc.). A key part of the position requires the ability to code and publish this content online, so familiarity with HTML and front end code is a must. The company has a multi-faceted online presence that the candidate will administer using different content management systems.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for knitting/crocheting, fashion and all things handmade. In addition, the ideal candidate will be flexible, be a master of time management, have a positive attitude and be willing to work well under pressure toward both long-term and short-term deadlines. CEY is a small company and each employee wears many hats. This position comes with much responsibility and just as much variety and opportunity for creative expression.
- design advertisements, posters, flyers, newsletters, lookbooks and other promotional materials
- create labels for yarn and other products
- prepare content and update website regularly with new products
- write/edit copy for e-mails and other sales materials
- help prepare materials for seasonal trade shows and customer mailings
- be flexible and prepared to contribute to new projects as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related experience
- extensive computer knowledge
- strong skills with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- HTML [other languages and responsive design a plus]
- Dreamweaver, iMovie
- other software that is helpful in duties described above
- passion for marketing
- an eye for detail and consistency
- general knowledge of publication best practices and standards
- desire and temperament for working in a small office environment, which frequently means "all hands on deck"
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.