Ribbing is a simple and beautiful way to add trim to a garment. Learn how to use single crochet stitches through the back loop to create ribbed trim.
• Join yarn with a slip stitch into the body of the sweater. (photo 1)
• Chain for the required number of stitches. (photo 2)
• Single crochet into the second chain from the hook, then in each chain until the one closest to the sweater body. (photo 3)
• Single crochet 2 stitches together by inserting the hook into the next chain, drawing through a loop (photo 4), then inserting the hook into the indicated space or stitch on the sweater body, draw up a loop (photo 5), then wrap yarn over hook and draw through both loops on hook. (photo 6)
• Chain 1, turn. Single crochet through the back loop of each sc across, turn. (photo 7)
• Chain 1, single crochet through the back loop of each sc to the sc closest to the sweater body (photo 8).
• Sc2tog tbl of next sc and indicated space or stitch on the sweater body. (photo 9)
• Repeat the previous 2 rows all the way around the edge of the sweater. (photo 10)
• If necessary, seam the last row to the foundation chain to join.