Issue 427 Featuring Independent Designers
It's time for an Indie Designer round up again. This time around we have gorgeous designs in this season's lovely yarns.
These talented designers have come up with beautiful neckwear, socks, sweaters, and a fabulous blanket in one of my perennial favorites, Chalet. I have also included Abria by Bonne Marie Burns. She chose to design it in Firefly (typically considered a warm weather yarn) but I included it because I just love the design and think that it is perfect to take the chill off in any season.
Donna Estin used Inca Alpaca in her Lace and Braid Cardigan. Here is what Donna had to say about her design:
"I absolutely LOVE your yarns and I would be honored to have the Lace and Braid Cardigan featured in your web-letter. The Inca Alpaca that I used in this design has worn so well, with no pilling, and remains soft and scrumptious looking after many washes and over a year of wearing. I'm working on another design with this yarn – I just love it."
So without further ado here is the round up.
1. Tillary Sweater by Laura Zukaite in MountainTop Vista
2. Oh Lovely Cowl by Hope Vickman in MountainTop Chalet
3. Abria by Bonne Marie Burns in Firefly
4. Eline Cowl by Åsa Tricosa in Alpaca Sox
5. Fiber Creek Cabled Hat by Kristin Hansen in Fresco
6. 2015 Crazy Cabled Throw by Mari Chiba in MountainTop Chalet
7. East River Hat by Shaina Bilow in Liberty Wool
8. Hunter's Moon Socks by Amy Loberg in MountainTop Mohawk Wool
9. Eko by Audrey Kirchner in MountainTop Vista and Blackthorn
10. Sereno by Northfields Yarn in Silky Alpaca Lace
11. Tiverton Cowl by Grace Verderosa in Tiverton Tweed
12. Lace and Braid Cardigan by Donna Estin in Inca Alpaca